This picturesque, completely enclosed semi - detached house with a terrace and a wild garden is situated in a quiet location on the back canal of Santa Margarita - Roses. (Costa Brava) The beach and the center of Santa Margarita are 3 minutes by car, 5 minutes by bike or 20 minutes walking distance (1800m).
The house has 2 double bedrooms, one has a double bed 1,80x2m (2 mattresses 90x2m each in one frame) and the other one a double bed with one mattress 160x180cm, a shower room with walk-in shower and toilet and washing machine, a separate guest toilet, and a living room with an integrated kitchen with induction cooker, oven with pyrolysis function, dishwasher, microwave and large fridge, Melita coffee machine and Nespresso machine. The living room has a very comfortable sofa and a large flat screen TV and air conditioning.
Kitchen and bathroom have been renovated in 2018/2019! Likewise, the beds were renewed and the cabinets renovated.
Inside as well as outside on the terrace 4 people can sit comfortably at a round table.
2 sunbeds are also provided. The covered terrace as well as the garden provide shade, sun-seekers will be pleased with the roof terrace or the canal terrace.
If you want to bring your boat or jet ski, you can do so.
Casa Canigó lies in the North-east of Spain, in Catalonia, in Roses - Santa Margarita, an unusual urbanisation with canals where boats can moor right in front of the houses.
Roses used to be traditional fishing village, which converted into an important tourist village because of its unique position and brilliant environment, offering today not only the fishing harbour but also a modern sport boat harbour, long board walks, lots of lovely shops, Restaurants and many more. The old Citadel on one side of the village which contains Greek ruins, and the Fortress Trinidad on the other side are signs of the significance of the village even centuries ago.
The sports offer doesn’t include only all kinds of water sports. The area is ideal for walking and cycling. You may play tennis. Golf courts are in 20-30 minutes reach. Even Parachuters will be well happy because of the parachuting centre in Empuriabrava.
Casa Canigo is the ideal starting point for all sorts of spare time activities. See below.
In a few minutes by car you find:
• Long sandy beaches as well as pretty coves and cliffs.
• Plenty of Restaurants of all kinds: Tapas, cheap Menus, traditional food, top class restaurants .
• Lots of shops
• 3 Nature reserves: Cap Creus Park, Aiguamolls Park , Alberes Range. All 3 ideal for excursions walking or by bike.
• Numerous sightseeing places: Cadaques, Empuriabrava, Perelada, Figueres, the monastery St. Pere de Rhoda, the ruins of Empuries ...)
• If you are interested in art and culture, you may find the Dali house and museum unresistable, enjoy the summer concerts in the Roses Citadel and in Perelada, visit the medieval places Castelló d’Empuries and Pals
• A day – trip to the province capital Girona with its impressing Jewish Quarter and great cathedral, or to Barcelona, 150 km away, both cities will guaranty an unforgettable day.
Features of the property