PROVISIONAL MEASURES TO RESTRICT ACCESS TO THE CAP DE CREUS NATURAL PARK
The rosinque coves located in the Cap de Creus Natural Park are under strong pressure during the summer, which has worsened in recent years. This disproportionate pressure is not compatible with the conservation objectives of the natural space or with the safety of users or with the appropriate experience that any visitor should enjoy.
The plan for measures to temporarily restrict motorized access to the park, promoted by the city council and agreed with the managing body of the Natural Park, aims this year to mitigate these effects as much as possible and should be 'frame in a first phase of action of a more ambitious strategic plan in the medium term, which will involve the implementation of new deterrent car parks, the intelligent management of their spaces as well as a complementary transport service for users.
2.- Concretion of the restrictions
The object of the access restrictions are only vehicles with 4 wheels or higher. The plan, which is conceived as adaptive, does not provide for any restrictions on access by other means, such as motorcycles, on foot or by bicycle, and will be valid for the period between July 15 and July 31. August, every day of the week, from 10:30 to 16:30, when only authorized vehicles and all those people who can prove that they have a reservation in an activity inside the park will be able to access the park or be part of the authorized assumptions. Outside these hours, no access restrictions have been provided.
The location of the physical barrier and access control point has been established in a place called Mirador de Punta Falconera, which is the place where the access roads to the natural space converge. Vehicles that end up at this point and do not meet the requirements of an authorized vehicle to be able to access , will be diverted back to the town by the Falconera road in the direction of descent, to the urbanization of Almadrava.
3. - Authorized cases
During the restricted hours, the following cases of access to the interior of the park are foreseen
Access authorization without responsible declaration:
- Clients of activities located in the park. Proof of prior reservation.
- Vehicles of supply and maintenance companies, transport and parcel services, administration vehicles, public transport vehicles, other vehicles with justified causes.
Access authorization with responsible declaration (DR):
- The owners of houses, estates, or activities as well as their tenants or exploiters and their workers, must formalize a responsible declaration, according to standard model. The DR of landlords, tenants and workers is valid for the season. The DR corresponding to the visits to homes have a punctual validity.
- In the case of tenants and visits to private homes, in addition to the signature of the declaring person, it will be necessary to indicate the details of the person who owns the property being visited, but the signature of the owner is not required.
- In the case of workers of the activities present in the natural park, in addition to the signature of the declaring person, it will be necessary to indicate the data of the person in charge of the activity and the seal of the activity.
- The document can be signed digitally or on paper. At the control point it can be displayed on paper or a digital copy via a mobile phone, tablet, ...
4.- Responsible Declaration Model (DR)
5.- Information leaflet on parking areas and services located in the town center
6.- Tourist information
You will find more information that can help you plan your visit to Roses, at the following address: http://ca.visit.roses.cat/descobreix/